Green Gram Nutritional Content
Green Gram or moong beans are rich in protein and make a great post workout meal. But is it healthier than other dals? Let’s find out.
From the point of view of gaining muscles and post workout meals, moong beans seem to be the best. Green gram nutrition is similar to that of Urad dal also known as black gram.
But we suggest that you consume all of these five dals regularly for the best nutrition. Let’s see some health benefits of each of these dals.
Introduction:The mung bean or Organic green gram is a legume family plant. Its super high protein content has made it a popular ingredient for making plant-based alternatives to animal-based food items like eggs. It is not just protein-rich but cholesterol-free, gluten-free and fat-free, which makes it a healthy protein alternative compared to traditional protein sources like chicken and eggs. Green gram nutrition makes it a popular post-workout meal as well either in the form of sprouts or moong dal cheela. But is green gram nutritionally better than other dals? Well, each dal is unique and contains a unique combination of nutrition. The best and healthiest dal would be different for different people. We have shared a table below with green gram nutrition content (macronutrients) when compared with the other four popular dals in India.
|chana dal (gms)||42||11||13||4.5|
- Moong: It is one of the easily digestible pulses of all dals, lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart disease. It is super rich in protein.
- Toor: It is a rich source of folic acid. It is highly beneficial for pregnant women in preventing neural tube birth defects, it lowers the risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Masoor: Masoor dal promotes skin health and prevents acne. It regulates blood sugar spike. Abundant in protein, mineral and antioxidants masoor dal help to boost immunity.
- Urad: Urad is abundant in soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, and hence promotes digestion. It also improves and strengthens bones, boosts energy and controls blood sugar levels. It also promotes skin and hair health.
- Chana: It helps in stabilizing blood glucose levels, lowers cholesterol level, reduces the risk of heart disease and promotes bone development and strengthens bone.