Beginner's Guide To Make Yummy Besan Dhokla
Who does not like the soft and fluffy dhokla which has a tangy and sweet flavour to it! When prepared with organic ingredients, this besan dhokla recipe will let you make a flavoursome snack delight which you can enjoy with your family members.
Using organic ingredients ensures that this besan dhokla recipe gives you maximum nutrition and flavour, which is retained during their ecologically friendly cultivation process. To prepare this recipe, you will need 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 15 minutes to cook them.
What will you need to make besan dhokla recipe?
To prepare batter:
Gram flour/ Besan: 1.5 cups
Semolina: 1 tbsp
Ginger: 1-inch piece
Green chillies: 1-2, chopped
Turmeric powder: 2-3 pinch
Asafoetida: 1-2 pinch
Baking soda: ¾ tsp
Salt: As required
Lime juice: 1 tsp
Water: As required
To temper dhokla:
Oil: 2 tbsp.
Water: 1/3 cup
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Sesame seeds: 2 tsp
Curry leaves: 8-10 leaves
Green chilli: 1, chopped
Lime juice: 1 tsp
Sugar: 2 tsp
Corriander leaves: 2 tbsp
Grated coconut: 2 tbsp
How to make besan dhokla recipe?
- Start by making batter by greasing a pan with some oil.
- In a mixing bowl, collect gram flour and add turmeric powder, asafoetida, lime juice and a paste with ginger and green chillies. Also, add salt to the mixture.
- Slowly add some water to make the mixture runny in terms of consistency. After stirring, also add some semolina to the mixture. Ensure that the batter loses its lumps and forms a smooth consistency but maintain it thick. If you find that the batter has turned runnier, add some more besan or suji to make it thick again.
- Add up to 2 -3 cups of water to a pressure cooker and allow it to boil. Add fruit salt to the batter. Ensure that you are mixing the batter evenly so that the texture of the dhokla does not become uneven.
- You will notice the batter forming bubbles which are when you can put it in a pan for steaming.
- Now, place the pan in the pressure cooker when the water inside it is boiling.
- Allow it to steam in the cooker for 15 – 20 minutes on high flame.
- To check whether it is fluffy enough, insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean from the batter. If not, allow it to steam for a few more minutes.
- Once done, remove the pan from the cooker and slide a butter knife to cut pieces of the dhokla.
- You can also prepare the tempering with sesame seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Also, add sugar and pour it evenly over the prepared dhokla.
- At the last step, garnish the besan dhokla recipe with some grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Conclusion: Try this amazing besan dhokla recipe today!
It is really easy to prepare this besan dhokla recipe with some of the common ingredients which can be easily found in your kitchen. To ensure that your besan dhokla recipe tastes good and is safe for consumption, always make use of organic ingredients to prepare it.
These ingredients are also sustainable for the farmers who produce them and offer them a better chance at an improved lifestyle. And they are also good for the environment, which is not impacted harshly due to their production.
Try 24 Mantra Organic's Besan flour and savour the taste of organic goodness.