8 proven health benefits of dates
All dry fruits are considered boons to our bodies, and dates are no different. With or without a seed, soft and sweet, these golden-brown delights and a source of good health. besides the health benefits of dates, they make for great teatime treats and are also good when consumed in combination with other snacks such as fruit mixes and honey. Here are eight proven health benefits of dates:
- Highly nutritious Although dates are rich in calories, they also contain a lot of important vitamins such as B6 and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, and manganese. They are also rich in fiber and contain a small amount of protein.
- Cure for constipation The high fiber content of dates prevents constipation. The date pulp extract also performs the same function by correcting the mineral content deregulation.
- Good for the heart Of the many benefits of dates, is improved heart health. Dates contain isoflavones that reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. The antioxidants in dates prevent the clogging of arteries with plaque (atherosclerosis). They also lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Rich in antioxidants Dates contain antioxidants such as flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid, which help reduce inflammation and reduce the risk of diabetes, promote heart health and reduce the risk of eye-related disorders, and prevent some types of cancer and heart disease, respectively. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals which can damage internal organs of the body.
- Healthy sweetener Dates contain fructose, a naturally occurring sugar, which makes a great substitute for white sugar. This is best accomplished by making a paste of dates. However, it is still advisable to moderate their consumption due to their high-calorie content.
- Good sources of energy The presence of natural sugars in dates makes them a good source of instant energy. Their high nutritional content prevents overeating and satisfies hunger.
- Cure for anemia Rich source of iron is among the other important health benefits of dates, which is an important mineral for those suffering from anemia. Increasing iron intake in the form of dates and other iron-rich foods could help alleviate the condition and its symptoms.
- Good for bone health Studies suggest that among the many nutrient benefits of dates, boron is one that keeps bones healthy. Other minerals such as selenium, potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese also contribute to the strengthening of bones and keep diseases such as osteoporosis at bay.