5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Organic Black Pepper
Black pepper is one of the most widely used spices around the world. It acts as an excellent seasoning agent due to its distinctive and sharp flavour that compliments the recipes of many savoury dishes. The Ayurvedic medicine domain has a lot of uses for black pepper due to its medicinal properties and a high concentration of health benefitting plant compounds. Source Organic black pepper has the added advantage of being entirely free of harmful chemicals and pesticides and is relatively fresher due to the absence of preservatives. You’ll be surprised to know the various health benefits that regular black pepper consumption can entail for your body. Moving forward, we will be looking at the top 5 amazing health benefits of organic black pepper and how its regular consumption benefits your health.
Health benefits of organic black pepperOrganic black pepper can supply your body with several nutrients that are essential for the maintenance of a healthy body. We have compiled a list of 5 research-backed health benefits of organic black pepper and the various benefits entailed by its regular consumption.
- Improves brain function: According to a research paper published in the NCBI, the piperine present in organic black pepper has been linked to an improvement in brain function. Piperine was proven to improve the symptoms of degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s by reducing the formation of amyloid plaques.
- Improves blood sugar levels: A research paper submitted on the NCBI concluded that organic black pepper showed promising results in enhancing blood sugar metabolism. The study pointed out that ingesting organic black pepper extract along with glucose resulted in a smaller blood sugar spike in the body and essentially improved blood sugar levels.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: A high cholesterol level invites an increased risk of heart disease, which is taking the form of a global pandemic. A research paper published in the NCBI claimed that the piperine present in organic black pepper has the potential to enhance the absorption of nutrients and effectively lower the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Helps fight cancer: The piperine content, along with powerful plant-based antioxidants in organic black pepper, have cancer-fighting properties. According to a study published in the NCBI, black pepper was proven to slow the replication of cancer cells and even destroyed existing cancer cells.
- Improves gut fauna: The health benefitting microbes of your gut play a key role in your overall health. An NCBI published study concluded that organic black pepper consumption has been linked to an increase in the good bacteria of the gut, leading to improved digestion and nutrient absorption.