3 Types Of Organic Cereals, Their Recipes With Benefits
The high sugar levels in the breakfast cereals, especially in the frosted and coloured varieties, might end up filling your hungry tummy. But, at the end of the day, they do more harm than good to your body. Having such processed breakfast cereals first thing in the morning is best to be avoided. What you need to do is switch to better and healthier alternatives in the form of organic cereals. After all, the organic variants are no less tasty than those coloured ones you’ve been having for so long. And, once you get to know all the health benefits associated with them, you’ll be more willing to try the recipes.
The benefits and recipes of the top three organic cereals1. Oats Oats drowned in some warm milk make one of the best organic cereals you can have in the morning. This whole-grain food has been the breakfast choice of many for the longest time. Benefits:
- Loaded with antioxidants that help in lowering bad cholesterol, and thus, prevent heart diseases.
- Prevents constipation due to being a rich source of insoluble and soluble fibre.
- Help in stabilising blood sugar and reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol and improving blood sugar control.
- Contains antioxidants like vitamin E, lutein, and beta-carotene.
- Repairs and protects against cell damage due to oxidative stress.
- Easy to digest and does not cause any kind of bloating
- Comes packed with carbohydrates, iron, and antioxidants
- A great choice for people opting for low-gluten food